Monday, June 18, 2012

From the Mom...

From the mom.

While Sloane is away "serving the Lord with gladness,"
she asked me to do a guest blog or two.
  I am Sloane's mom, Tonya.  
My heart overflows with gratitude that God CHOSE ME  
to be this sweet girl's mom. 
 I could do a whole post on that, but pretty sure that would get a "really??? are you serious?  you blogged about that?" from the girl, so I won't.

Rather, here's some SLOANE TRIVIA for you.

We call this little miss our FREE SPIRIT. Always has been.  Always will be (pretty sure of it!)
Her "free nature" was proven as she took her first earthly breath
 ...three weeks early!
Instead of our planned New Year's baby, she became the best Christmas gift ever!


Our FREE FLYIN' girl has had more accidents, injuries and illnesses (serious) 
than all the rest of our family combined. 
 SHE'S ONE TOUGH COOKIE
 because of it, too!


 
...just to share a few!

Sloane has an amazing wide-open HEART FOR MISSION
 ~ serving others ~
 doing things others would never do, in places many would never consider going.
Hence, the reason for her absence now.
I CAN'T WAIT for her to tell us all about 
the adventures and blessings from the week.
{by the way ~ in a brief message to her sister yesterday, Sloane said,
   "I'm not coming home!"} 
Told you...she's a FREE SPIRIT!

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 
'Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?' 
And I said, 'Here I am.  Send me!"
Isaiah 6: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment