Sunday, June 24, 2012

Grants, NM: the place.

Unfortunatly I came home...against my will!
Grants, NM is one of the biggest blessings that will ever be put in my life!
My mission trip consisted of many different activites like...
  • putting on a VBS for the church down there we work with Mt. Calvary
  • going and putting on a play, singing and coloring with the residents at the Mosaic. Which is a day care for special needs adults.
  • putting on a play, singing and doing yard work at the Good Samaritan. A old folks home.
  • going and doing odds and ends jobs at Roberta's Place. Which is a safe house for abused men and women.
  • painting the fence at New End's (The Halfway House). Which is where woman from the prison there can go and get their life on track after getting out and before they go into the real world.
  • working and gardening at their local Community Garden. (Go see their page on facebook: Cibola County Community Garden).
Saying Grants is just a missions trip is insulting to the trip itself. We don't just go to serve and do servant work, we go to see what God has in store for us through the journey. We see what God truly has planned. It changes your life. This has been my fourth year going and I am still amazed every year at what God has in store for me and my faith. The kids, the place, and the people all change my life and its something that you can't get just from doing servant work. You have to be open to what God has in store, sometimes its not our plan or what we think should happen but you just have to say "Here am I. Send Me". God has three answers, yes, wait, and I have a better idea. I think God's better ieda is what we need to start listening for, thinks may not go our way all the time (like many times on this trip) but God's better idea was always what was best!
More to come about my trip to Grants later.

Mt. Calvary Grants, NM. The amazing church we work with.

Such a cool church!

The AMAZING group i served with this week! Grants, NM servants 2012! :)

~Praise Moments~
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve...
-Mark 10:45-

No comments:

Post a Comment