Thursday, June 21, 2012

Differences

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen (I'm not sure if any gentlemen follow regularly, but I want to cover all my bases),

This is Tate Elizabeth here.  I am the proud sister of Sloane.  Only one more day until my "Sophie" returns!!  Although, I received a text from her this morning stating she "is NEVER coming home- I'm staying forever and ever!!"  Personally, I would be awfully crushed if my best friend never came home, but my sadness didn't appear to phase her too much.  That is my Sophie.  I am the worrier.  She is the free-spirit.  

Sophie gave me instructions to select a topic and guest blog while she was gone.  Since today is Thursday and she is scheduled to arrive home tomorrow, I decided I better post at least once.  After much consideration, I've decided to post about the differences between my Sophie and I.

By the way, I should probably explain who "Sophie" refers to.  My family has this thing with nicknames.  Unfortunately, we can never seem to remember where these names stemmed from (although, my mom can't remember a lot of details these days:)).  My dad and mom are "Freddy" and "Freddie."  My sister and I are "Sophee" and "Sophie."  It's not nice to judge.

Okay, back to my original topic:

1. I use numbers and Sophie uses bullets.  Numbers are more orderly and organized.

2. I rock Ralph Lauren.  The other night, my "friend" invited me to go golfing with him (well, I was assigned to drive the cart.  I got the privilege of making one putt: "Chill out turbo."  Apparently I hit the ball too hard.)  Anyway, I was decked out head-to-toe in Ralph Lauren.  Sophie wasn't impressed.  And she rocks whatever is under $10 and "flowy."  She doesn't show "pudge."

3. I mainstream- top 40 and country music.  She has eclectic music tastes. 

4. I am into human touch and reassuring words.  She is "ice-girl."  No hugs.  No "I love you."  No expressed feelings.

5. I go to school to "be a nerd"- learn, study, "take care of business."  She prefers to socialize and "just get by."


Please note on the above picture that Sophie is wearing an "un sweatre" in the middle of August!  I think most certainly not. 


Oh, look at the time.  I'm meeting a friend for an afternoon workout in the heat of the day.  Speaking of differences: I workout at 4:00 p.m. while Sophie prefers the air-conditioned house and a good book.  


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139: 14  

No comments:

Post a Comment